Sunday 20 November 2011

First night Cargo



We did the usual rock out in our flat, "shotgun racings" music too loud and laughs all around. We got to the bar(cargo), and the bouncer notified Bruce that I would not be getting into the bar. (no collared shirt, not dressy enough trainers.) Lindsey convinced me to put on her velvet jacket and I decided to try my luck getting in. The bouncer pulled Bruce aside and asked him if he thought he wasn't important enough to give me the msg to me, then came up to me and ask if I was fucking kidding him. After all of this he extended his hand to me and we had a huge dance session, while a gentleman free styled with his saxophone over a techno beat, we danced the night away and lived on 10$ jugs. had a few jack and cokes. We all got so hammered we lost track of time. We eventually got to central walking from the harbour after town hall was closed, we just missed the train and we were stuck in the subway until morning. that's when the comedy unfolded.

Lindsey passed out in the most uncomfortable position and there was this very drunk guy walking the wrong way down the escalator, on just the bottom steps. The best part was that he was stumbling and had this weird smirk on his face, as entertaining as this was we got bored of watching him. That's when we heard a huge noise. SMACK! we all turned to look and he had falling forward with one foot on each step. and he didn't move the whole way up. Just when we where about to get up to see if he was okay, he slid down the metal railing of the escalator and walked passed us. We waited for morning and made our way to bed with no money in our wallets.

exert from my journal while living in Australia

No comments:

Post a Comment